WealthWire is reader-supported. We may receive compensation from the products and services mentioned in this story, but the opinions are the author's own. Compensation may impact where offers appear. We have not included all available products or offers.
Everyone has an opinion about a magic bullet approach to becoming a millionaire. “Buy low, sell high.” “Invest in real estate.” “Acquire Bitcoin.” We all know that most articles touting advice to become a millionaire just make you roll your eyes and click away.
But what if I told you there are three practical secrets to become a millionaire that NO ONE is talking about? Read on, because these tips prove that becoming a millionaire is easier than you think.
In fact, by following these three secrets that most millionaires know and follow, you can achieve your goal of financial success.
1. Save Money For Your (Future) Millionaire Lifestyle
One trait that millionaires share is quite simple: they save money. But not just any old approach to savings – you need to save for your future millionaire lifestyle. That means setting aside money for luxuries like yacht membership fees, caviar-buying sprees, and diamond-encrusted Rolexes.
Of course, it’s not all about future spending – you need to ensure you’re earning enough to sustain a lavish lifestyle. That means finding a job that pays well over six figures or starting your own successful business. After you have your income source sorted, it’s time to start socking away as much cash as possible. The sooner you start saving, the sooner you’ll be on your way to millionaire status.
Chime can help you start saving right now. They offer no overdraft fees, no minimum balance and no monthly fees. Perfect, right? You can also make those savings grow with a 1.50% Annual Percentage Yield (APY). Set money aside without even noticing when you use their Automatic Savings feature and never pay a fee on your Savings Account too. Winning!
So what are you waiting for? Start saving today!
2. Get (And Stay!) Out Of Debt
Debt is like a toxic relationship: it’s easy to get into, but hard to get out of. And just like a toxic relationship, debt can leave you feeling stressed, anxious, and hopeless. If you’re in over your head, you might consider debt relief. Before you sign up for a debt relief program, there are a few things you need to know.
- First, debt relief programs don’t work for everyone. If you have a steady income and can make regular payments on your debt, you’re better off sticking with a traditional repayment plan. Debt relief programs come with risks; for instance, creditors may continue to contact you or even sue for the unpaid debt.
- Second, debt relief programs are usually expensive. Most programs require you to pay a fee up front; some also charge monthly service fees. Make sure you’ve read and understand the terms and costs associated with the debt relief program before you sign up.
- Finally, remember there’s no easy way out of debt. If you’re struggling to make ends meet, it might be time to ask for outside help. If you’re considering debt relief, look into JG Wentworth’s Debt Relief Program. They may be able to help you lower your total debt and pay it off faster. It’s worth a phone call.
3. Live Below Your Means (Meh!)
That’s right, one of the keys to becoming a millionaire is to spend less than you earn and invest the rest. It sounds easy enough, but for some reason, most people can’t seem to do it. Instead, they dig themselves into a hole of debt that that’s extremely difficult to climb out of.
You’ve probably heard that the first step to become a millionaire is living below your means. That may sound like a rather daunting task, it’s actually quite simple – just make sure your lifestyle doesn’t exceed the amount of money you bring in each month.
By living below your means, you’ll have surplus cash to invest and save – and eventually become a millionaire. Of course, it won’t be easy. You’ll have to forgo expensive vacations, designer clothes, and nights out on the town. But if you’re willing to make sacrifices now, living below your means will help you achieve future financial goals.
If you’re serious about becoming a millionaire, you need to be disciplined with your spending. Track every penny and don’t spend more than you can afford. It’s not glamorous, but living below your means is the most practical way to build wealth. Who knows, if you’re frugal enough, you might even end up as a billionaire!
So there you have it. Our three secrets to financial success. Some of these tips may seem like common sense, but it’s amazing how many people don’t follow them. Will you be one of the smart ones and start implementing these tips today? And if you do, which secret will you try first?